September 4, 2019
Six Flags Magic Mountain Unleashes Its Annual Fright Fest Line-up
Six Flags Magic Mountain’s 27th season of Fright Fest features 23 terrifying nights of demons, ghouls and crazed characters ready to strike fear in any one who cross their path. The bone-chilling lineup of haunted attractions features a new slider show, added days, plus year two of the 30-Hour Coffin Challenge. Six Flags Magic Mountain leaves no tombstone unturned to deliver what guests want most…an all-out terrifying experience.
Fright Fest boasts a grand total of 12 electrifying mazes and dare-to-enter scare zones, along with nightmarish roaming zombies around every corner. To take fright to a new extreme, Six Flags Magic Mountain is adding a sinister element to some of the park’s monster coasters by turning off the lights, leaving riders to face their fears in total darkness.
“Six Flags Magic Mountain is one of the top-rated theme park Halloween events in the entire country. To enhance the scare factor this year, we are introducing a new ghoul slider show that will definitely get the sparks flying every night, plus we’re bringing back one of our most popular mazes and adding a terrifying twist,” stated Park President Neal Thurman. “And, to give Southern California’s fright-seekers more opportunity to ‘find their fright,’ we’ve expanded our calendar to include 23 terror-filled Fright Fest nights with an incredible line up of spine-tingling, bone-chilling entertainment.”
Highlights of this year’s Fright Fest lineup include:
- The Cemented, where the undead spark up the night for a ghoulish competition on all fours in a slide or die show;
- Vault 666 Unlocked, is the return of the fan-favorite maze, Vault 666, only this time demonic relics are locked in a dark and sinister antique shop, casting spells and haunting those who try and steal them; and
- 30-Hour Coffin Challenge, returns for year two when six selected coffin dwellers vie for a cash prize while facing eerie visitors and challenges along the way. The undead will enter their coffins on Friday, September 13th and the winner resurrected at 9 p.m. on September 14th.
Along with Vault 666 Unlocked, popular returning mazes that incorporate state-of-the-art makeup, props, and special effects:
- Condemned – Forever Damned, is full of horrific haunts of a dilapidated home where the walls are alive and the spirits of those who once lived there unleash their fury on anyone who dares enter;
- Sewer of Souls, takes guests into an underground world of lost souls and terrifying tunnels where evil oozes;
- The region’s largest outdoor maze ever built, Aftermath 2: Chaos Rising, covers more than 40,000 square feet. Enter a post-apocalyptic city featuring larger-than-life props, fire, fog and other special effects;
- Red’s Revenge, over the river and through the woods, to Grandmother’s house you go, but in this fairytale, guests and the wolf are hunted by Red and her demonic minions; and
- Willoughby’s Resurrected, a reincarnation of the Willoughby family’s beloved haunted mansion that includes hair-raising horror down long harrowing hallways and around each nightmarish-turn.
Six scare zones around the park leave guests nowhere to hide and screaming to get out unscathed. They are:
- The Shadows, which is sure to raise a few goosebumps as eerie whispers, long windy howls and mysterious gory creatures lurk in total darkness;
- Witches Lair returns to this year’s horror-filled offering of haunts as the City of METROPOLIS™ is transformed into a haven for wicked spells and black magic;
- Demon’s Door, once you enter the park, be prepared for your mind and body to be completely taken over by the evil spirits that await you;
- Steam-spewing mechanical beasts relentlessly hunt down their victims in TERRORtory Twisted;
- Nightmares – A Twisted Fantasy, where your childhood favorite bedtime stories take on a perverse twist; and
- Freak out on Exile Hill when unimaginable sinister souls appear without warning.
Spooktacular shows include the hypnotist, who puts park guests in compromising scenarios in her hilarious stage show located in Golden Bear Theater, and the very popular VooDoo Nights, where Ghoul Rock goes pop with today’s hits. Be sure to dust off your thriller moves and join in the fun in the Full Throttle Plaza.
Guests can literally face their fears in the shadows when the lights go out on some of the Park’s iconic coasters, including Twisted Colossus, Full Throttle, Tatsu, Viper, X2, Scream, Goliath, The New Revolution, and others during Fright Fest.
For the little monsters, a Trick or Treat Trail and Halloween crafts round out the activities during the day.
Fright Fest Operating Hours and Days:
- 10:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.: September 14, 21, 27, 28, October 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26
- 10:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.: September 15, 22, 29 October 6, 13, 20, 27, 31
- 10:30 a.m. to 12 a.m.: November 1, 2, 3
For more information on Six Flags Magic Mountain’s Fright Fest, visit our website at www.sixflags.com/magicmountain
Six Flags Magic Mountain 2020 Season Passes are currently on sale. For a limited time, get a free upgrade to GOLD with purchase of a Magic Mountain Season Pass. GOLD Passes include admission to Hurricane Harbor (Los Angeles and Phoenix), as well as any other Six Flags branded theme park, plus free parking, special admission offers for friends, and many food and retail discounts. Additional Season Pass perks include park admission to Fright Fest®, Holiday in the Park®. Season Pass are valid now through all of 2020 with no blackout dates.
Six Flags Membership program offers guests a wide range of our most valuable benefits including preferred parking every visit, unlimited soft drinks, 50% off almost all food and merchandise in the park, and exclusive perks that are only available to Members. Members also receive priority entry, special appreciation days and exclusive ride times on some of their favorite rides and attractions. For more information, visit us online at www.sixflags.com/magicmountain.
Members who sign up for Six Flags Membership Rewards, the company’s loyalty program exclusive to Members, earn points for almost everything they do at the park. Points can be redeemed for free food, merchandise, and special experiences.
Season Passes and Memberships can be purchased at the Season Pass and Membership Sales Center or save time and buy online at sixflags.com.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, with $1.5 billion in revenue and 26 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 58 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com