November 6, 2018
HOLIDAY IN THE PARK® Shines Bigger and Brighter This Year at Six Flags Magic Mountain
Two New Themed Areas and Taste of the Holidays Food Festival Added as the “Thrill Capital of the World” Transforms into a Winter Wonderland for the Holidays
Six Flags Magic Mountain, the “Thrill Capital of the World,” lights up the season even brighter this year during its annual holiday extravaganza, Holiday in the Park. With more than two million lights and seven uniquely themed areas — including two new holiday sections, Merry Lane and Santa’s Cottage — the park will transform into a spectacularly-lit winter wonderland for guests to enjoy this holiday season. The event will run for 29 nights - beginning daily November 17 through 25, weekends only through December 9, and daily December 15 through 30. Holiday in the Park begins each day at 5 p.m., signaled by the first falling snow of the evening.
In addition to the new themed areas, Six Flags Magic Mountain is also presenting a brand new holiday themed food festival, Taste of the Holidays, December 15-30. Featuring holiday-inspired traditional culinary delights in mouthwatering, non-traditional ways, guests will find a large variety of specialty holiday foods from delicious main courses to mouth-watering desserts.
“We are thrilled to host this magical, annual holiday event for all to enjoy," said Park President Neal Thurman. "Now in its fifth year, Holiday in the Park offers unique Six Flags holiday traditions our guests have come to love, and for 2018 we are adding two new holiday themed areas and entertainment they will treasure for years to come. With well over two million lights, snowfall around the park, new and exciting holiday entertainment, and many delicious one-of-a-kind seasonal treats, including our new Taste of the Holidays Food Festival, we are proud to present our biggest winter spectacular yet!”
Park guests will experience seven innovative, immersive and one-of-a-kind Holiday in the Park themed areas, including:
- The new Merry Lane in METROPOLIS™ featuring thousands of twinkling lights synchronized to holiday music and magnificent, larger-than-life 30-foot brilliant lit walk through ornaments. To add to the holiday festivities, families can roast marshmallows over a fire pit;
- Santa has moved into brand new digs! Santa’s Cottage will now be home to the jolly man with the white beard and red suit, along with crafts with Mrs. Claus and her merry elves. Visit Santa in his new home next to Bugs Bunny World every Holiday in the Park operating day beginning at noon until December 24;
- Take a step back in time in the Gleampunk District: A Steampunk Holiday experience. Thousands of lights will illuminate the tree-lined streets and planters of the largest themed area of Holiday in the Park. Guests will be transformed into the 19th century with the sights and sounds of the industrial revolution. Unique acrobatic artistry with a holiday flair highlights the Kwerkmas show in Gearworks Theater. On the façade of Gearworks Theater, a fantastic journey will take you on a video adventure into the inner workings of the Steampunk Candy and Toy Factory. And, don’t forget your photo in an iconic steampunk sleigh;
- As guests enter Holiday in the Park, the Six Flags Plaza area will be transformed into Holiday Square with a kaleidoscope of breath-taking color, featuring hundreds of thousands of lights on trees and buildings throughout the area while snowflakes and carolers delight guests as they enter this magical scene;
- Snowy Nights, the live holiday show, will feature contemporary music and themed dancers on the Full Throttle stage;
- Spiced-up holiday treats, falling snow and larger-than-life toy soldiers will be the focal point in the Winter Wonderland area, beginning on the midway past the Viper exit and extending up through the Mining Town area of the park; and
- DC UNIVERSE™ comes to life as Rockin’ Universe, featuring three dancing light shows, each customized to contemporary holiday music. As one of the largest programmed light shows on the West coast, each five-minute display will include multiple lighting variations with tens of thousands of lights synchronized to holiday musical favorites.
Holiday in the Park features thrilling memories for guests of all ages. From photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus, to delicious hot chocolate and peppermint fudge, and viewing an enhanced light show with specially made 3-D glasses, this is the must-do, must-see, must-experience event of the season.
Enjoy unlimited visits to Six Flags with a Season Pass or Membership. Season Passes are available for purchase at the ticket booths and at sixflags.com, and are valid now through December 31, 2019 with no blackout dates. Park admission to special events like Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park is included. Plus, Passholders receive perks like free and discounted tickets for friends and in-Park discounts.
Get more Six Flags with a Membership. Gold Plus, Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Elite levels are available featuring all the perks of a Season Pass plus other benefits including admission to all Six Flags branded theme and waterparks, preferred parking and much, much more! Visit the Membership Sales Center or go online to sixflags.com for more info and to sign up today.
Passholders are also eligible to purchase the exclusive All Season Dining Pass, the Flash Pass, and Picture Pass.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, with $1.4 billion in revenue and 25 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 57 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.
Holiday in the Park® is a registered trademark of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc.